Skip to main content

Be the love, not get the love

This blog is my journey to the Holy Relationship. I am seeking all signs, lessons, messages, symbols and teachings that give me a piece to this puzzle.

Yesterday the piece of peace I received was the notion of "being the love." I received this message in a counseling session. My client was expressing fear about her family members not being ok in the future. What came through the session was that even if her fear were to materialize and her grandson did go to jail, it wouldn't change HER function and her focus to BE THE LOVE. I have a similar feeling of fear of the future of my marriage. I fear that in the future, my husband will not choose me and he will leave me. I fear that all of the beautiful experiences we have shared will be overcome by resentment and distance. I fear the separation that A Course In Miracles talks about will essentially spoil our marriage. Fears of the future rob me of my opportunity to witness the blessing of being married NOW and offering the love of God to my husband NOW!

If we focus our energy and attention on being the love in each situation, we will feel at ease. When we feel a sense of disconnection and discomfort, it is as my teacher, Jennifer Hadley says, "The divine alarm clock going off." This is our warning sign that we have chosen to energize fear thoughts, often referred to as the thought system of the ego. It is also a sign we have left the present moment. In the present, God is available. God being truth. Truth being clear vision. Clear vision opening up the flow of spiritual qualities that are available in each moment: peace, love, tranquility, prosperity, creativity, and compassion.

The future is not ours to fret about. The future is God's to do. The future is also directly connected to how we choose to think, show up, and what we energize NOW. If our ultimate goal is to allow LOVE to heal all FEAR, it may serve us best to have our loved ones leave us so that we understand that it was never about GETTING their LOVE, it was about OFFERING the LOVE of GOD to them. As we offer the LOVE of GOD to them, we experience the LOVE of GOD for ourselves. If we think our relationships are about getting, we will never learn the power of giving. We will never experience the TRUTH that we are ONE with our loved ones. Therefore, what we hold against them, we hold against ourselves. What we withhold from them, we withhold from ourselves. What we offer from the overflow of the LOVE and grace we have received and that we ARE, is returned because it reverberates and reflects back.

Be the love and you will get love.

If you don't feel the LOVE of God, ask to be shown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One: Starting

When I met my husband back in 2009, it was an intense “intrigue at first sight”. I felt a deep connection to his gaze, and he held me very tenderly and intently. I can’t prove that we had known each other before, but my first thoughts were “Who are you?”. “How are you so captivating?”. Fast forward to present day, we are married. I would say that up until just a few weeks ago, most of our eight-year relationship we were in what A Course In Miracles calls the “special relationship.” He was an idol to me. His love, affection, reactions and actions could send me soaring to feelings of intense happiness, or plunging into dark places of fear. Feeling that I needed his love, his affection, and his undivided attention would send me into moments of fear, rage, jealousy and suspicion. Thanks to the brilliant work of Byron Katie, I began questioning the thoughts that often sent me spiraling. Her process of asking the four questions, “Is it true?”, “Can you absolutely know that it’s true?”

Unsubscribe to guilt

Readers! I have taken a hiatus. Thank you for your patience. Guess what? I am not guilty for leaving my blog unattended. Guilt is my topic today. The message is: unsubscribe! I've been looking closely at Chapter 13 in  A Course in Miracles, titled, "The Guiltless World." After reading in section 1: "Love and guilt cannot coexist, and to accept one is to deny the other."  I find the message is so simple and so profound. I can not feel love in my heart when I am participating in guilting others or myself. Reading this chapter has made me aware of when I make others wrong and has inspired me to pursue a life without guilt. Let's dig deeper! Real life application :  The other day while at a four-way stop someone went out of queue and turned instead of me. I made a sound. You know those mouthy sounds that signify disgust, disappointment, disapproval. It was actually a really nice-appearing lady who smiled and waved in her mini-van, and  I felt sheepish for

When you don't love, it hurts...

I'm inspired for my posts to respond to quotes from Byron Katie's book "Question your thinking, change the world." Here's today's: When you don't love the other person, it hurts, because love is your very self. And you can't make  yourself do it! You can't make yourself love someone. But when you come to love yourself, you automatically love the other person. You can't not. Just as you can't make yourself love us, you can't make yourself not love us. It's all your projection. What I get from this quote is that I haven't known LOVE according to it's highest, purest form. I've known attachment and entanglement.  When I ask myself the question, "How can I get to a point where I know myself AS LOVE?", I think: meditate. It's brilliant because I can sense this is where the intellect meets a wall. You can't think your way to knowing yourself as LOVE. In my awareness, this must be experienced